Saturday, July 24, 2010

Tis the Season to Get Ready for the Season

Back before, way back when, I can recall being hyper-cynical to all the holiday decorations and seasonal propaganda being shoved in my face in what I thought was the most inappropriate times of the year.

Well, I am here to tell you that I repent, I beg for retail mercy, I take it all back. I confess that if it weren't for the hot-to-trot retailers reminding those of us who aren't sure of the date, much less the day of the week, that I would not be as organized as I am...which is still pretty pathetic.

The holiday season brings with it, a spirit of miracles, of giving, of renewal, of hope, of people asking for Adorable Diapers donations. This requires a lot of planning, organizing, and my gratitude for those shops who celebrate "Christmas in July", I thank you with all my heart for the reminding me to get prepared, even if I don't. (It's the thought that counts.)

Well, let me tell you, Amy (my #1 WAHM) and I have been wiped out, over-extended, creatively challenged, and have always put in a lot of thought and a great deal of care with the charities with whom we have been asked to participate...but it's always under a deadline, the 11th hour, praying Amy will not kill me because I needed something yesterday.

So as I sit here, I am coming up with my "let's do this list", so who knows, perhaps this is "Our Season" to be ready, to be set, and when it's time for "go", we're gone. But perhaps there is a part of me who thrives on the pressure, lives for the moment and just doesn't want to conform to the retail regimen.

Guess we'll have to wait and see....it's only July after all. Right?

As always, Be Well, and brace yourselves, the holidays are right around the corner!!!

Yours,
Sabain 

1 comment: